It’s the time of year where many of us are decorating and finding ways to make things festive. This year, we are staying closer to home than ever. Many of us are embracing time honoured traditions and the things that make us feel the comforts of our childhood. You may have noticed that these dried orange slices have made a comeback this year, triggering all of the homespun feelings!
Whether you string them to create a garland, add them to your wreath, garnish a festive drink, dessert or even the turkey itself… these orange slices are a fun DIY that is absolutely charming!
• Make sure that your oven racks are in the top and bottom thirds of the oven. Preheat to 200° – we’re taking this low and slow!
• Line 2 baking sheets with foil and spray with Pam.
• Slice your oranges as thin as possible.
• Place on pan, sprinkle with sugar.
• Bake, making sure you rotate the pans from time to time.
• Drying/cooking time will be about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
• You’ll want to stay close to the over in the last half of drying to make sure they don’t burn!
Enjoy and Happy Holidays from the family at Royal LePage Wolstencroft!